Saturday, January 10, 2009

Interro-BANG!

Here is a happy memory from my journal entree for Halloween '07. The Jenny mentioned in this story is not the same as Ice Cream Jenny. During this time in my life, I had a couple of different Jenny's popping up occasionally in my journals, and I didn't know their last names, so gave them titles. One was Ice Cream Jenny; this story involves Saxophone Jenny (so called because we both enjoyed playing the saxophone--in fact this is what I was referring to in "Not you! I meant the saxophone!").

So here you have it, the birth of Interro-BANG!:

---

As mentioned 14oct07, I'm co-hosting the ward "Untalent Show." During a Sunday-night meeting of the activities committee and we two emcees (Saxophone Jenny and I), we decided that the show would have a superhero theme. After the meeting, Jenny and I decided that throughout next week (the week leading up to the show), we're gonna burst in on random apartments while wearing our outfits and do crazy silliness to advertise the show and encourage participation--and we're gonna get all that on film!

Last night, I got a fantastic idea for what to do, and today I got it together. All it took was a nylon book cover from Big Lots, some large blue underpants from Toss, my running pants, a gray long-sleeved shirt, and a printout of a controversial punctuation mark and Interro-BANG was born.

I'm so excited! The get up is SO DANG FUNNY! Oh man! I was laughing so hard in front of the mirror.

But wait; it gets better:

Ben Hubbard came over to hang out tonight. While he was here, Sarah came and knocked on the door to invite us over to a dance the other Cinnamon Tree ward was having at the basketball court (she didn't know Hubbard was here, but she knows him from marching band). We went over, but it wasn't all that great, so we came back fairly quickly.

Not too far from my apartment door, Saxophone Jenny and Becca (her old roommate) were standing, talking.

"Jenny!" I said. "I have my superhero outfit, and it is awesome! Oh man! It's so funny!"

"So," she said, "what's it like so I can kinda make mine the same?"

"Hold on," I said; "I'll go put it on and be right back."

I ran inside and put on my running pant and the long-sleeved shirt (which had the red interrobang taped on the front of it) and then pulled the blue underpants on over the top of them. I put the book cover on my head, which makes it look like a bright blue Batman helmet made out of spandex with a desert safari neck cover thing. I wrapped my red quilt around my neck like a cape, then ran outside and nearly pounced on them, yelling, "Interro-BANG!"

They thought iwas funny and all, but the best part was Becca saying, "Um. You're wearing men't briefs--on the outside."

Ahahahahahaha! That's right I am!

After a minute or so, I said, "Okay, I'm going back inside now."

"Good idea," Becca said.

It was so great!

1 comment:

Th. said...

.

What, no photos?