Saturday, November 22, 2008

Is that--a hint?

I regret that I do not have a journal entry detailed enough to copy word for word, but this happened 6 May 2008:

I was walking from the dorms I clean as a janitor to a guitar class I took during the spring. I had my guitar on my back as I crossed campus, and I ran into a girl named Jordan who was in my ward. I said hello, and she asked about the guitar, so I told her I was going to a class.

"Oh," she said. "When does your class end?"

"Six," I said.

"Six, huh," she said. "I'll be hungry by then."

Um--what? Okay....

"It's pretty hot today," I said, "and so I was thinking about grabbing some ice cream after my class gets out--you wanna come?"

"Sure!" she said.

That was kinda weird....

She's a cool girl, though, so the date wasn't too awkward. One weird thing: while we were eating her ice cream, she said something like, "I thought it was funny how you were all, 'It's hot; you wanna get ice cream,' 'cuz I don't think I've ever been asked out that spontaneously before."

Huh. Kay. Whatever. Maybe she just likes telling people what her eating schedule's like....

No comments: